Labor Category Description: UNIX Administrator
The Unix administrator is responsible for Unix (e.g. Sun F15000 and smaller) or Linux environments. This includes responsibility for the operating system software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Designs interfaces to external systems
- Develops test plans and procedures
- Establishes development, testing, staging, and operating environments
- Maintains and consults for relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems
- Maintains and updates documentation on the operating systems configuration
- Manages software life cycles
- Plans, tests, installs, and integrates new and upgraded versions of the relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems
- Provides technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment
- Researches and resolves systems software problems efficiently and accurately while adhering to internal software management standards and procedures
- Tests and integrates software and hardware
- Troubleshoots problems that may involve applications and the network
Clearance Requirement - Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Trusant Technologies, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business. We are a government contractor specializing in Information Technology and Professional Engineering Services. Our mission is to serve our clients by designing, developing, implementing, and supporting advanced technology systems and mission critical facilities. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!